Who can become a member?
Any badminton coach working with a clientele of competitive or recreational players, who may or may not be a member of an affiliated badminton club, and who may or may not have NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) certification.
How do I join?
- Complete the affiliation form online by going directly to the following link: https://form.typeform.com/to/r7sfIV6f
- N.B. Our trial with the Gestio platform, used last year for affiliations, was not conclusive from our perspective, so we are returning to the Typeform form (the same used in previous years). We are, however, exploring a new member space platform with our current database supplier Eudonet, and the functionalities look very promising.
Cost for the 2023-2024 season: $45.96 inc. tax (from October 1, 2023: $54.79 inc. tax)
To complete your criminal background check, go to the Sterling BackCheck website. We’ll receive the results of your check and your membership status will be automatically validated (provided you’ve completed the membership form in the meantime).
As a Badminton Québec-affiliated coach, you benefit from accident insurance covering a variety of treatments resulting from an injury sustained during badminton competition or training.
General liability insurance
Who is insured?
Coaches affiliated with Badminton Québec are insured for civil liability through the club to which they belong. However, this club must be duly affiliated with Badminton Québec and must not be a school, college or university club. In addition, the coach must be considered an employee or volunteer of the club in order to be insured when performing his or her duties within the club or as a club representative.
What does it cover?
This insurance covers the monetary consequences of an insured’s liability for bodily injury or property damage caused to others as a result of his or her operations or activities.
In addition, general liability insurance covers the monetary consequences of an insured’s liability following personal injury or injury resulting from advertising activities, suffered by others. This insurance also covers the monetary consequences of an insured’s liability for material damage caused to premises rented by the company (premises, gymnasium, etc.).
- Insurer: AIG Insurance Company of Canada
- Period of insurance: December 1, 2022 to December 1, 2023 (renewal on December 1 is automatic).
- Coverage limits: $5,000,000 for property damage / bodily injury to others.
- 5,000,000 for personal injury / publicity (libel, slander, wrongful arrest, copyright infringement, etc.) caused to others.
- 5,000,000 for rental liability (damage to other people’s buildings that you rent or occupy).
- 25,000 per person for medical expenses incurred by a third party as a result of an accident caused by the insured or on the premises occupied by the insured.
- Deductibles: $0 for bodily injury, $500 for property damage (to others’ property).
- Motor vehicles rented on a short-term basis (less than 30 days): limit of $5,000,000 for property damage or bodily injury caused to a third party or his/her property, $50,000 for damage to the rented vehicle (deductible: $500 per claim).
- Accident insurance for employees of the Named Insured: limit of $50,000 per person.
If you are injured during a training session or match and would like to take advantage of accident insurance, please download and complete each section of the PDF document below before returning it to us.
General liability insurance
What to do if you have a complaint
- Immediately notify your federation or the person in charge of insurance at the RLQ;
- Never admit responsibility;
- Do not settle the case before talking to the insurer;
- Follow the instructions of the insurer’s representative in charge of the file from the moment the claim is reported to him/her.
Examples of claims
- A visitor is injured in the premises rented by an organization for a show. The victim alleges that the venue was poorly lit.
- An advertisement placed by a company in local newspapers contains remarks that the competitor considers defamatory.
- A tree on the organization’s property falls and damages the neighbor’s fence.
- Equipment used by a participant in an activity proves defective. The participant is injured.
What is affiliation?
Affiliation is membership in an organization that brings together people with similar interests and passions, and offers its members programs and services.
Why should I join?
Being a member of Badminton Québec means taking advantage of a wide range of services while helping to develop our sport. Joining Badminton Québec means supporting :
Developing sports activities :
- Sanctioned competition networks, Jeux du Québec, Canada Games;
- Design and distribution of a minibadminton program;
- Design and distribution of the POP Badminton program;
- Development of a service offering for parabadminton athletes;
- Promotion of the sport to both competitive and recreational clienteles.
Speaker training :
- National coach training program;
- Various online training courses
- New programs and services for coaches: mentoring, modular training, web development;
- Coach magazine “Le Badmintonien”;
- Officials training program.
Setting up collective services for clubs and individual members:
- Negotiation of insurance (accident and civil liability) at an affordable price;
- Representation of its members to Sports Québec, the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur and Badminton Canada;
- Development of regional structures;
- Online registration and payment for memberships and competitions;
- Computerized rankings for competitive players;
- Preferential rates for the purchase and rental of various products;
- Monthly electronic newsletter (La Plume);
- Various news via our website, Facebook page and Instagram account.
Membership in Badminton Québec is annual and must be renewed in September of each year.
What are the benefits of affiliation?
Your membership, which is valid until August 31, 2024, entitles you to the following benefits:
- You will benefit from accident insurance covering a variety of treatments resulting from an injury sustained during badminton competition or training;
- You’ll have access to the competition court by means of a personalized badge that you’ll need to carry with you to competitions (for coaches with at least a regional level of training);
- A 15% discount on all items at the APOGEE boutique when you mention that you are a member of Badminton Québec;
- A 15% discount on all room types at the M-Montréal (downtown Montreal). For reservations, contact Sam at email@example.com or 514-845-9803 ext 2;
- A chance to win one of 2 $50 gift certificates from Tenniszon boutiques. (draw August 1, 2024);
- Eligibility for certain Badminton Québec subsidy programs;
- Enables participation in Coach en action workshops.
- Receive news from Badminton Québec. We encourage you to follow us on our various platforms.
PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING YOUR COACH’S BADGE
Badminton Québec and Badminton Canada issue separate badges that give you access to the courts during competitions. You must go to the control table to receive your badges. It is also important to note that officials will only allow access to the courts to coaches who have their badges.